Home > Microsoft >
SQL Server 2012 Enterprise - 1 Processor License (Unlimited Clients) For Single/Dual Core Processors OLP/SA
Item #: MSQLE1252
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships In 1 Business Days
SQL Server 2012 will provide Mission Critical Confidence with greater uptime, blazing-fast performance and enhanced security features for mission critical workloads; Breakthrough Insight with managed self-service data exploration and stunning interactive data visualizations capabilities; Cloud On Your Own Terms by enabling the creation and extension of solutions across on-premises and public cloud. SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition offers all of the features of SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Edition and SQL Server 2012 Standard Edtion plus:
- Advanced Data Integration - Fuzzy Grouping and Lookup, Change Data Capture
- Advanced Security - SQL Server Audit, Transparent Data Encryption
- Data Warehousing - ColumnStore Index, Compression, Partitioning
- Advanced High Availability - Multiple, Active Secondaries, Multi-Site, Geo-Clustering
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Features - Self-Service Business Intelligence, Advanced Corporate BI, and Enterprise Data Management
- SQL Server Standard Features - Basic OTLP, Manageability, High Availability, Corporate BI, and Basic Data Integration - Built in Data Connectors and Designer Transforms
SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition Licensing is available through the traditional server+client model, where the user must license the software on the server plus each user or device client station that accesses the server. For example, if there is one database server and twenty users accessing that server, the user must purchase 1 server and 20 CALs.
The new licensing model for 2012 is Core Licensing. With Core Licensing, you can have an unlimited number of users accessing the server - ten, one hundred, or even ten thousand. All you do is license the number of physical cores on the server, with a minimum of 4. If you have a single or dual-core processor, you will need a 4-Core license. If you have a multi-core processor, you will need to match the number of cores. For example, if you have an 8 core server, then you will need 8 Core licenses. Core licenses are sold in packs of two.
Mfg P/N(s): 7JQ-00255(2)
This product is part of Microsoft's Open License Program (OLP)
Your order will be fulfilled through Microsoft's Open Licensing System. Please be sure to put the end user into the shipping address on your order.
MICROSOFT OPEN LICENSE BUSINESS (MOLP)
Microsoft Open License is a software volume licensing program designed for corporate, government, charity, and academic customers who order as few as one to five licenses. After the initial order, customers can benefit from volume pricing for all licenses for the remainder of the term of their Open License authorization number.
*This is a Software Assurance Product only.